Will work with RSS for 2014 elections: LK Advani
Zee Media Bureau
Nagpur: After meeting the top RSS leaders here on Friday, BJP patriarch LK Advani said he will work with RSS for the upcoming 2014 elections.
While addressing press after the meeting got over, for the first time after the rebellion Advani said, “I came to Nagpur to meet Bhaiyya ji Joshi and Mohan Bhagwat. If there was no Sangh Parivar then there would have been no BJP.”
Advani claimed that his meeting with RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat would be "very positive" for the party and the national polity.
"This discussion will help us change the national polity considering that assembly elections are being held in five-six states and Lok Sabha polls are also taking place. We will bring about change and take the nation in the right direction," Advani said after the meeting was over.
This was Advani`s first interaction with the media since he revolted against the appointment of Modi as the BJP`s Election Campaign Committee Chairman on June 10. He had resigned from all party posts but Bhagwat had intervened to make him reconsider his decision.
Subsequently, Advani met Bhagwat in Delhi during which he was assured that RSS will hold regular consultations with him on the affairs of the party.
He said that his meeting was in the context of that assurance and that he had a "good discussion" with Bhagwat.
Advani said he may be a member of the BJP but ideologically he was associated with the Sangh Parivar since the age of 14 years. "There will be continuous discourse between us," he added.
Earlier in the day, Advani met Sangh leaders at RSS headquarters.
Advani`s visit was pretty significant as he preferred to meet the RSS leadership a day after attending the party`s parliamentary board meeting with Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat and general secretary Bhaiyyaji Joshi were present in the meeting.
From past few months the BJP top leaders have been making a beeline to meet RSS leaders here.
Yesterday, former party president Murli Manohar Joshi met Bhagwat and Bhaiyyaji Joshi while BJP president Rajnath Singh is scheduled to meet Sangh leaders on Saturday morning and later proceed to Kolkata, sources said.
Advani arrived on a service flight from Delhi and will return by the same, party sources said. He was received by state party unit president Devendra Phadanvis.
Incidentally, former BJP president Nitin Gadkari is abroad and will return on July 11.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok