Winter Session of Parliament: BJP agrees with Centre on dates
New Delhi: The main Opposition BJP on Sunday said it has agreed to the government`s proposal of starting a regular Winter Session of the Parliament from November 21 to December 21.
"We are agreeing with the first proposal that the Winter Session should be held from 21st November to 21st December as is normally held," Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj posted on the micro-blogging site Twitter.
Stating that she has discussed the dates suggested by the government with her party and NDA leaders, Swaraj said that she has conveyed this to the Home Minister.
"I have conveyed this to Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde as Minister of Parliamentary Affairs (Pawan Kumar Bansal) is away," she said.
The BJP leader posted that the government had given a couple of suggestions for holding the Winter Session, including a brief session in between the last and first weeks of November and December respectively.
"Minister of Parliamentary Affairs telephoned me and suggested some dates for Winter Session of Parliament. The proposed dates were- a session commencing from 21st November to 21st December or starting from 26th November to 21st December."
"A brief session from 26th November to 7th December or a staggered session for a week in November and a then in December," Sushma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie