Women safety: `Society can help govt yield better results`
Ludhiana: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari has said that the Government of India has taken concrete steps to ensure safety and dignity of the women, but with the active support of the society the efforts of the government can yield much better results.
Addressing the annual convocation of Ramgarhia Girls` College, Ludhiana, on Saturday, Tewari said that for creating a free and a safe environment for women, there was need to bring about a change in the mindset of the people towards women.
He further emphasised that the society has to accept women as equal partners in the development of the nation and society. On their part, the women will also have to play bigger role in eliminating social evils, he added.
Tewari informed that the Government of India has initiated the skill development programme and urged the women to come forward to join the programme in large numbers.
Tewari urged the college authorities for updating the curriculum according to the need of the hour and asked them to foster a close liaison with the industry.
Congratulating the proud recipients of degrees, Tewari said that a bright future lies ahead for them and there is no reason why they should not enter the world with there wings spread out into the endless sky.
On the occasion, Tewari also awarded Role of Honour to 21 students who brought glory to the college in various fields.
He also conferred the Masters and Bachelors degrees upon 783 students.
Tewari also inaugurated the Computer Lab of the college for which a grant of Rs. five lakhs has been provided by Tewari from his MPLADS (Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme) fund.
He further assured the college of all financial help from his MPLADS fund for the development of the institution.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune