Won’t contest LS polls, will help Modi become PM: Baba Ramdev
Hamirpur (HP): Yoga Guru Ramdev today said he would not contest the general elections scheduled next year but would help Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister.
"I will not contest the Lok Sabha elections nor will I hold any top post," Ramdev, who was here to address the youth wing of his organisation, told reporters here.
"But I will help Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister of the country," he said.
Ramdev criticised Congress and its leaders for "rampant corruption" in the country, and called party vice general secretary Rahul Gandhi an "innocent guy" with no clue about the country and its people.
"Congress is the den of corruption... Rahul Gandhi is an innocent guy who has no knowledge about India and its people."
He claimed that corruption had reached such a level that Indian officials were illegally brokering deals to allow FDI in the country and warned that unbridled flow of FDI in India would ruin the country`s social and economic system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees