Won’t contest LS polls, will help Modi become PM: Baba Ramdev
Hamirpur (HP): Yoga Guru Ramdev today said he would not contest the general elections scheduled next year but would help Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister.
"I will not contest the Lok Sabha elections nor will I hold any top post," Ramdev, who was here to address the youth wing of his organisation, told reporters here.
"But I will help Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister of the country," he said.
Ramdev criticised Congress and its leaders for "rampant corruption" in the country, and called party vice general secretary Rahul Gandhi an "innocent guy" with no clue about the country and its people.
"Congress is the den of corruption... Rahul Gandhi is an innocent guy who has no knowledge about India and its people."
He claimed that corruption had reached such a level that Indian officials were illegally brokering deals to allow FDI in the country and warned that unbridled flow of FDI in India would ruin the country`s social and economic system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender