Won’t contest LS polls, will help Modi become PM: Baba Ramdev
Hamirpur (HP): Yoga Guru Ramdev today said he would not contest the general elections scheduled next year but would help Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister.
"I will not contest the Lok Sabha elections nor will I hold any top post," Ramdev, who was here to address the youth wing of his organisation, told reporters here.
"But I will help Narendra Modi become the next Prime Minister of the country," he said.
Ramdev criticised Congress and its leaders for "rampant corruption" in the country, and called party vice general secretary Rahul Gandhi an "innocent guy" with no clue about the country and its people.
"Congress is the den of corruption... Rahul Gandhi is an innocent guy who has no knowledge about India and its people."
He claimed that corruption had reached such a level that Indian officials were illegally brokering deals to allow FDI in the country and warned that unbridled flow of FDI in India would ruin the country`s social and economic system.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha
- High-speed trains running on these five routes soon to be a reality
- Dalits are used as 'political weapon', says BSP chief Mayawati
- Russian athletics mess: Gloom and anger for athletes due to miss 2016 Rio Olympics