Would be glad to see UPA-II last its full term: Mamata
Kolkata: Trinamool Congress chief Mamata Banerjee, a key ally of the ruling UPA, on Saturday said she would be happy to see UPA-II last its full term.
Her statement came a day after claimed she had information that a political party in Delhi had held a meeting to advance the Lok Sabha poll to 2013 and asked her party men to be ready for it.
"Let me clear. The half truth was being reported. I would be happy to see UPA-two lasts its full term," Trinamool Congress spokesperson and MP Derek O Brien tweeted, quoting Banerjee.
O Brien said, "What she said that she had heard this (advancing Lok Sabha poll) issue being discussed in Delhi. Now our statement clarified the position."
Without naming any party, Banerjee had yesterday told a party meeting, "One party has held a meeting to hold the election in advance, though my information may not be correct. I have got the information. I am not going into details as to who were at the meeting. They deliberated on advancing the Lok Sabha election to 2013."
"Anyday, we can face election. We have to remain ready," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why