Yet another change in the Union Council of Ministers
New Delhi: There seems to be no end to re-allocation of portfolios even after Sunday`s major Cabinet reshuffle with S Jagathrakshakan of DMK on Friday being given the portfolio of Minister of State for Commerce and Industry.
The shifting of Jagathrakshakan comes five days after he was moved to New and Renewable Energy on Sunday from Information and Broadcasting. He had kept away from the new charge of New and Renewable Energy in the last four days.
D Purandeshwari is the other new Minister of State in the Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
On October 29, immediately after the swearing-in ceremony, the Rashtrapati Bhavan communique had listed Jitin Prasada as Minister of State for Defence and Human Resource Development.
But by night, he was stripped of his charge in the Defence ministry and made just Minister of State Human Resource Management.
Though there was no official reason for this change, sources attributed it to confusion over the name with Jitendra Singh, another MP from Alwar in Rajasthan, considered close to Rahul Gandhi, also being deployed in the Defence Ministry.
Jitendra Singh now has the distinction of being Minister of State with independent charge of Sports and Youth Affairs along with MoS status in Defence Ministry.
In between there was another change with Lalchand Kataria, a first time MP from Rajasthan, who was sulking over allocation of subjects as MoS in Defence Ministry, was accommodated in Rural Development Ministry on Tuesday. This came after he met the Prime Minister and sought a change.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- Kejriwal accuses Centre of trying to rule Delhi through LG
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Expect that Rahul will be Congress president in 2015: Jairam Ramesh
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Amethi: Rahul Gandhi faces protests from angry villagers
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- IPL 2015: Rajasthan Royals vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - As it happened...
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'