Youth Congress protests `signs of desperation`: Sushma
New Delhi: Dubbing the protests by Youth Congress workers outside her party headquarters as "signs of desperation", senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said had Congress really wanted bills to be passed and Parliament session to continue, it should have secured the resignation of its two ministers earlier.
"Youth Congress workers held a demonstration at BJP headquarters this morning. They have put up hoardings with my caricature on the round-abouts near my house. These are signs of desperation," Swaraj said in a post on social networking site `Twitter`.
"I reiterate that Congress party alone is responsible for the non-passage of the Bills. If they had secured the resignations of the Ministers earlier, the session could go on and the Bills could be passed," she further added.
Earlier in the day, scores of Youth Congress workers today clashed with police while staging a demonstration outside the BJP headquarters against the opposition party`s alleged "reluctance" to engage in a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'