Youth Congress protests `signs of desperation`: Sushma
New Delhi: Dubbing the protests by Youth Congress workers outside her party headquarters as "signs of desperation", senior BJP leader Sushma Swaraj said had Congress really wanted bills to be passed and Parliament session to continue, it should have secured the resignation of its two ministers earlier.
"Youth Congress workers held a demonstration at BJP headquarters this morning. They have put up hoardings with my caricature on the round-abouts near my house. These are signs of desperation," Swaraj said in a post on social networking site `Twitter`.
"I reiterate that Congress party alone is responsible for the non-passage of the Bills. If they had secured the resignations of the Ministers earlier, the session could go on and the Bills could be passed," she further added.
Earlier in the day, scores of Youth Congress workers today clashed with police while staging a demonstration outside the BJP headquarters against the opposition party`s alleged "reluctance" to engage in a debate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- Trump vows to begin deportations immediately if sworn in