Alleged Dropbox hack is a hoax
Washington: The alleged attack against popular backup service Dropbox by a hacker group appears to be a hoax.
A known " Anonymous" Twitter account tweeted that they hacked the website in the honor of fallen Internet activist, Aaron Swartz.
According to a website, Dropbox representatives sent an email indicating that Dropbox`s outage happened as a byproduct of `internal maintenance`.
The site was not hacked, and user data that was posted to Pastebin as supposed proof of the hack has a timestamp of December 9, the report said.
The outage brought down Dropbox`s cloud service via both the Web and the company`s desktop client.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IPL 2016, KKR vs SRH: Colin Munro's run-out was the turning point of the match, says Gautam Gambhir
- D-St gives thumbs up to 2 years of Modi govt: Sensex tops 26,600-mark; Nifty above 8,100-level
- CBSE 10th Result 2016, Class X Results 2016 (cbse.nic.in) to be declared on May 30 not today on May 27 or May 28
- Whoa! Kareena Kapoor Khan gets bigger role in Sonam Kapoor's 'Veera Di Shaadi'?
- Faux pas: Ghaziabad cops verify Rahul Gandhi as a driver residing in Indirapuram