`Bang With Friends` mysterious CEO revealed
Washington: Bang with Friends- the controversial Facebook app run by its CEO and co-founder who just goes by his initial `C` has been revealed accidentally by Internet New York which included the founders` name on the online ballot.
BWF app creator Colin Hodge, 28, and Omri Mor had remained anonymous till last week, but the leak of their identity through Internet Week New York disappointed Hodge, the Daily News reports.
Hodge said that they were not upset, but were disappointed by the revelation as they had planned to keep it a secret for a little while.
This app allows users to find casual sex partners from one`s Facebook friends list upon selection. Only when the other person too chooses the sender that a confirmation is sent to both the parties.
Gawker`s Valleywag revealed that Hodge has majored in computer science at Cornell and he got the idea about the app while working on HeardAboutYou, a dating website.
Apple recently removed the app from its App Store because of its excessively objectionable or crude content. BWF team is working with Apple to get the app restored while the website version is still available.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?