Bitcoin successor Dogecoin hacked for first time
Washington: Virtual currency Dogecoin that was named after a silly meme had been reportedly hacked for the first time with users` estimated loss of 21 million Dogecoins.
The currency has been described as a potential successor to Bitcoin and the successful hack attack was confirmed by Dogewallet in their Reddit post after users reported disappearing Dogecoins on Doges.com`s forum.
According to Tech Crunch, Dogewallet has promised to fully refund all lost coins and has temporarily shut down its site.
Each Dogecoin is currently worth about 0.00057 dollars and the stolen Dogecoins are equivalent to about 12,000 dollars.
Dogewallet said that they are currently looking at logs and have found thousands of attempts to hack their systems by gaining access to Dogewallet`s filesystem and modified its send/receive page to send coins to a static address.
The company apologized to the users in its Reddit post and suggested them to use offline wallets as online wallets are meant for new users who aren`t using them as storage of coins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!