Bitcoin successor Dogecoin hacked for first time
Washington: Virtual currency Dogecoin that was named after a silly meme had been reportedly hacked for the first time with users` estimated loss of 21 million Dogecoins.
The currency has been described as a potential successor to Bitcoin and the successful hack attack was confirmed by Dogewallet in their Reddit post after users reported disappearing Dogecoins on Doges.com`s forum.
According to Tech Crunch, Dogewallet has promised to fully refund all lost coins and has temporarily shut down its site.
Each Dogecoin is currently worth about 0.00057 dollars and the stolen Dogecoins are equivalent to about 12,000 dollars.
Dogewallet said that they are currently looking at logs and have found thousands of attempts to hack their systems by gaining access to Dogewallet`s filesystem and modified its send/receive page to send coins to a static address.
The company apologized to the users in its Reddit post and suggested them to use offline wallets as online wallets are meant for new users who aren`t using them as storage of coins.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter