Brazilian website selling fake Facebook girlfriend for $39
Washington : A Brazilian website, which seems to have identified a niche for potential profit in the current altered dating landscape, is offering fake Facebook girlfriends to users.
For 39 dollars, NamoroFake.com.br will create a Facebook girlfriend profile for you that includes comments and the all-important "relationship status" change for 30 days.
For those on a budget, 19.00 dollars will buy you a fake ex-girlfriend.
"Impress your friends. Gain confidence with women," ABC News quoted the website as saying.
The website suggests a number of possible reasons to hire a fake flame, but pure desperation didn`t make the list.
According to the website, sometimes having a fake girlfriend on the Internet helps make you more popular with the women and increases your self esteem and sometimes people need to rent a fake girlfriend to make jealous a jealous ex-girlfriend.
The site suggests that the justifications need not be entirely restricted to jealousy or "keeping up appearances."
To bolster the ranks of fake girlfriends, the website is inviting women to send in their profiles, with a 50 percent profit-sharing incentive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi