Brazilian website selling fake Facebook girlfriend for $39
Washington : A Brazilian website, which seems to have identified a niche for potential profit in the current altered dating landscape, is offering fake Facebook girlfriends to users.
For 39 dollars, NamoroFake.com.br will create a Facebook girlfriend profile for you that includes comments and the all-important "relationship status" change for 30 days.
For those on a budget, 19.00 dollars will buy you a fake ex-girlfriend.
"Impress your friends. Gain confidence with women," ABC News quoted the website as saying.
The website suggests a number of possible reasons to hire a fake flame, but pure desperation didn`t make the list.
According to the website, sometimes having a fake girlfriend on the Internet helps make you more popular with the women and increases your self esteem and sometimes people need to rent a fake girlfriend to make jealous a jealous ex-girlfriend.
The site suggests that the justifications need not be entirely restricted to jealousy or "keeping up appearances."
To bolster the ranks of fake girlfriends, the website is inviting women to send in their profiles, with a 50 percent profit-sharing incentive.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'