Employees find Facebook friend request from boss annoying
Washington: Getting a friend request on Facebook is usually exciting, but when it comes from a boss or manager, a majority of workers said they are uncomfortable in accepting it.
And they have a good reason to have those feelings.
In a research by Fierce Inc., nearly 1 in 3 employees said they know of a person who has been reprimanded for inappropriate postings on Facebook.
That research also found that 40 percent of employees engage in inappropriate communications with co-workers on Facebook, including everything from gossiping to flirting.
Despite those risks, more than 80 percent of workers said they use Facebook at work.
Though the vast majority of workers use the social networking site, more than 50 percent of respondents stated that Facebook is ineffective at enhancing relationships at work.
And 16 percent of workers asserted that they have lost respect for co-workers because of things they posted on Facebook.
Not only does Facebook cause discomfort among co-workers, but it also has a number of other negative consequences as well.
While 23 percent of people claimed that Facebook negatively impacts their productivity at work, 18 percent said that sharing personal information is uncomfortable.
Halley Bock, CEO and president of Fierce Inc., which conducted the research, said that organizations should think very, very carefully about forbidding any communication or potential team-building tools in the office, whether it be Facebook, sports fantasy leagues or political conversations.
The research was based on the response of 800 employees and executives from several industries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year