Facebook acquires team of Indian developers for `Tagtile` app
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook is reportedly acquiring the team of Indian-origin developers behind customer-loyalty application Tagtile.
“We`re happy to confirm that Tagtile`s founders are joining Facebook, and that Facebook is acquiring substantially all of the company`s assets,” Facebook said in an emailed statement to Bloomberg.
The co-founders of San Francisco-based Tagtile are Abheek Anand and Soham Mazumdar.
According to The Los Angeles Times, Tagtile said on its website that Facebook was `acquiring substantially all of our assets.`
“It``s a huge opportunity for us to take our goal, helping businesses grow, and do it on a much, much bigger scale than we could have on our own,” Tagtile said.
“We``re excited by what lies ahead for us at Facebook,” it added.
Facebook`s announcement came soon after it revealed that it is purchasing popular photo-sharing app Instagram for 1 billion dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city