Facebook gets updated Live Tile support on Windows Phone for better notifications
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly updated Facebook for Windows Phone with `secondary` Live Tile support to provide users with better notifications about chat or specific posts.
The software maker released the 5.2.1 of Windows Phone with the redesigned Live Tile apps that allow Facebook users to see what others have posted on their Wall.
According to PC World, the secondary notifications allow users to pin Facebook chat, events, group, pages and photo albums to Live Tiles to check for specific posts.
The updated app supports all languages currently supported by Windows Phone for a total of 50.
The report said that a Android or iOS-style notification center for Windows Phone isn`t due until next year, with the release of Windows Phone 8.1 and there are chances that if the updated OS is unveiled, the Live Tile-centric notifications will go away.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended