Facebook gets updated Live Tile support on Windows Phone for better notifications
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly updated Facebook for Windows Phone with `secondary` Live Tile support to provide users with better notifications about chat or specific posts.
The software maker released the 5.2.1 of Windows Phone with the redesigned Live Tile apps that allow Facebook users to see what others have posted on their Wall.
According to PC World, the secondary notifications allow users to pin Facebook chat, events, group, pages and photo albums to Live Tiles to check for specific posts.
The updated app supports all languages currently supported by Windows Phone for a total of 50.
The report said that a Android or iOS-style notification center for Windows Phone isn`t due until next year, with the release of Windows Phone 8.1 and there are chances that if the updated OS is unveiled, the Live Tile-centric notifications will go away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...