Facebook gets updated Live Tile support on Windows Phone for better notifications
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly updated Facebook for Windows Phone with `secondary` Live Tile support to provide users with better notifications about chat or specific posts.
The software maker released the 5.2.1 of Windows Phone with the redesigned Live Tile apps that allow Facebook users to see what others have posted on their Wall.
According to PC World, the secondary notifications allow users to pin Facebook chat, events, group, pages and photo albums to Live Tiles to check for specific posts.
The updated app supports all languages currently supported by Windows Phone for a total of 50.
The report said that a Android or iOS-style notification center for Windows Phone isn`t due until next year, with the release of Windows Phone 8.1 and there are chances that if the updated OS is unveiled, the Live Tile-centric notifications will go away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt