Facebook gets updated Live Tile support on Windows Phone for better notifications
Washington: Microsoft has reportedly updated Facebook for Windows Phone with `secondary` Live Tile support to provide users with better notifications about chat or specific posts.
The software maker released the 5.2.1 of Windows Phone with the redesigned Live Tile apps that allow Facebook users to see what others have posted on their Wall.
According to PC World, the secondary notifications allow users to pin Facebook chat, events, group, pages and photo albums to Live Tiles to check for specific posts.
The updated app supports all languages currently supported by Windows Phone for a total of 50.
The report said that a Android or iOS-style notification center for Windows Phone isn`t due until next year, with the release of Windows Phone 8.1 and there are chances that if the updated OS is unveiled, the Live Tile-centric notifications will go away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video