Facebook introduces new ‘listen with’ feature
London: Facebook is set to redefine the social networking experience with the launch of a new ‘listen with’ feature which allows users to enjoy the same song as a friend via the site at the same time.
The new ‘listen with’ buttons have been rolled out across Facebook from Friday onwards which effectively allows users’ friends to DJ for them using music services such as Spotify and Deezer, the Telegraph reported.
Since f8, Facebook’s annual developer’s conference, users have been able to utilise digital music service’s new apps to listen to music without leaving the site.
Though, members were able to see what their friends have been listening to since then, but were unable to listen at the same time to the same track.
The new ‘listen with’ button, which will appear when a person is listening to Spotify or another service, below the update in the news feed, will allow others to listen to the same thing at the same time.
The move is set to boost sign-ups to digital music services, as people will need to have an account to ‘tune in’ simultaneously.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city