Facebook launches new `Home` for Android users
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook has unveiled a new software on Android gadgets with the aim of making its site the hub of people`s mobile experiences.
Facebook introduced `Home` that makes the social network the hub of any smartphone running Google`s Android operating system.
The idea behind the software is to bring Facebook content right to the home screen, rather than requiring users to check apps.
According to Fox News, "Home" comes amid rapid growth in the number of people who access Facebook from phones and tablet computers.
The software will be available for download form April 12, the report said.
It is the part of Facebook`s move to shift its users` focus from "apps and tasks" to people, said CEO Mark Zuckerberg during Home`s unveiling on Thursday.
After downloading the software, instead of seeing a set of apps for email, maps and other services on the screen, users will be greeted with photos and updates from their Facebook feeds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP