Facebook launches new `Home` for Android users
Washington: Social networking giant Facebook has unveiled a new software on Android gadgets with the aim of making its site the hub of people`s mobile experiences.
Facebook introduced `Home` that makes the social network the hub of any smartphone running Google`s Android operating system.
The idea behind the software is to bring Facebook content right to the home screen, rather than requiring users to check apps.
According to Fox News, "Home" comes amid rapid growth in the number of people who access Facebook from phones and tablet computers.
The software will be available for download form April 12, the report said.
It is the part of Facebook`s move to shift its users` focus from "apps and tasks" to people, said CEO Mark Zuckerberg during Home`s unveiling on Thursday.
After downloading the software, instead of seeing a set of apps for email, maps and other services on the screen, users will be greeted with photos and updates from their Facebook feeds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him