Facebook launches `Verified Pages` to authenticate celebrities and high-profile accounts
Washington: Facebook, following the footsteps of Twitter, has launched `Verified Pages` to help people find authentic accounts of celebrities and high-profile people and businesses.
In a report by New York Daily News, the `Verified Pages` will display small blue circles with a white check mark in the middle to indicate that the identities have been confirmed.
The verified pages belong to those public figures like celebrities, journalists, government officials, popular brands and businesses that have large audiences.
Singer and actress Selena Gomez`s page has already been marked as a `Verified Page` by Facebook.
Twitter has verification badges on the accounts of its high-profile users.
Facebook said that this feature would be rolled out to profiles as well, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?