Facebook offers Rs 70 L package to IIT student
Kanpur (UP): Social networking giant Facebook has offered about Rs 70 lakh per annum package to an IIT student here in the ongoing campus placements.
"M Tech (computer science and engineering) student Siddharth Agrawal has been offered the package (near about Rs 70 lakh)," IIT-K registrar Sanjeev Kashelkar said.
He said Facebook has offered high packages to other students as well but the one offered to Agrawal is the highest so far.
The registrar, however, did not disclose the exact amount.
Last week, Facebook had offered a similar package to a IIT-Kharagpur student.
The placement process in the IIT here started on December 2 with over 950 graduates and post-graduates vying for jobs in high-profile companies like Microsoft, GE, Infosys and TCS.
On the first day itself, over 100 students were placed, with 15 students being picked up by Microsoft. Over 400 students have been placed so far since the placement process
began, the registrar said.
Around 200 companies are expected to visit the institute to hire aspirants in the coming days.
The placement programme would end on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Chargesheet in Kolkata flyover case, murder charges withdrawn
- Ten dead, many injured in Istanbul airport suicide attack
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout