Facebook offers Rs 70 L package to IIT student
Kanpur (UP): Social networking giant Facebook has offered about Rs 70 lakh per annum package to an IIT student here in the ongoing campus placements.
"M Tech (computer science and engineering) student Siddharth Agrawal has been offered the package (near about Rs 70 lakh)," IIT-K registrar Sanjeev Kashelkar said.
He said Facebook has offered high packages to other students as well but the one offered to Agrawal is the highest so far.
The registrar, however, did not disclose the exact amount.
Last week, Facebook had offered a similar package to a IIT-Kharagpur student.
The placement process in the IIT here started on December 2 with over 950 graduates and post-graduates vying for jobs in high-profile companies like Microsoft, GE, Infosys and TCS.
On the first day itself, over 100 students were placed, with 15 students being picked up by Microsoft. Over 400 students have been placed so far since the placement process
began, the registrar said.
Around 200 companies are expected to visit the institute to hire aspirants in the coming days.
The placement programme would end on December 22.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi