Facebook ponders charging for popular posts
London: Facebook is considering to charge users for highlighting their important posts, as it is testing a new feature in New Zealand that would make comments more prominent on a user`s newsfeed, The Sun reported.
Users in the New Zealand thought they were being scammed after they were presented with an option to "highlight" their posts for $2.
Facebook later confirmed that they were trialling the feature, and charging was one of the options they were considering.
Spokeswoman Mia Garlick said: "We`re constantly testing new features across the site... This particular test is simply to gauge people`s interest in this method of sharing with their friends."
Users who clicked on the option were offered the options to pay through Paypal or by credit card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- LIVE: Donald Trump takes charge as 45th President of US; Barack Obama thanks supporters