Facebook ponders charging for popular posts
London: Facebook is considering to charge users for highlighting their important posts, as it is testing a new feature in New Zealand that would make comments more prominent on a user`s newsfeed, The Sun reported.
Users in the New Zealand thought they were being scammed after they were presented with an option to "highlight" their posts for $2.
Facebook later confirmed that they were trialling the feature, and charging was one of the options they were considering.
Spokeswoman Mia Garlick said: "We`re constantly testing new features across the site... This particular test is simply to gauge people`s interest in this method of sharing with their friends."
Users who clicked on the option were offered the options to pay through Paypal or by credit card.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra