Google+ can now sort the best of your shots
London: Google is on a feature addition spree. At the company`s I/O conference, Google announced 41 new features to its Google+ social network.
Google+ that has 360 million active users has surpassed Twitter and comes close to second after Facebook. The updates to this site include a spiffy design, Hangouts mobile chat feature and other tools to enhance the photo library.
The new features include the automated photo-editing features allowing users to add a professional touch to amateur photography. It determines on its own which photographs are the best shots in terms of exposure, blur factor, duplicity and distinguishes best shots, which are aesthetically pleasing.
In a report by CNN, the features also allow the user to choose from other tools like auto-enhance with white balance correction, skin softening, vignettes and other effects that are available from iPhoto to Instagram
Along with that Google+ has the feature of auto-awesome which does kicky and fun things like turning photos into small collages, and turning images into the new favourite animated image format GIF.
The Google+ feature Hangouts,a free video-calling service, which is one of the most popular features of the site will now be launched as a mobile chat app combining text, photos and live video for iOS and Android devices.
Users will now be able to save chat logs in case they want to swipe back to the past conversations.
The new G+ look resembles Pinterest, with multiple streams or columns whose number will change depending on the device on which it is used, the reports added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'