London: Google CEO Larry Page has marked his first year on the job with a letter setting out his vision for the future.
Page has promised what he terms "next-generation search" in which query results become less generic and more tailored to each individual user.
According to the BBC, he also defends changes to the firm`s privacy policies, saying they will create a "more intuitive experience".
However, the post does not include any major revelations, coming a week ahead of Google`s first quarter earnings.
A decision by the company to allow private data collected by each of its services to be shared with its other platforms has caused controversy.
Last month the European Union`s justice commissioner, Viviane Reding, suggested that "transparency rules" had not been applied.
Data regulators in France also cast doubt on the move`s legality.
Google said at the time that it believed it complied with EU law.
In his letter, Page defends the move and suggests users will appreciate the changes Google can now make.
He says over 100 million users are now active on the site, noting that whenever he posts publicly he gets "a ton of high quality comments".
However, analysts suggest the figure masks wider issues.
"They still need to work on engagement," Colin Gillis, technology analyst at BGC Partners told the BBC.
Page says Google has now driverless cars have clocked up more than 200,000 miles
He hints at further changes saying that: "I`ve pushed hard to increase our velocity, improve our execution, and focus on the big bets."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon