Google Chrome 2nd most liked in browser usage
London: Google Chrome has overtaken Mozilla Firefox to become the second most widely used web browser in the world, according to new statistics.
According to StatCounter, Google Chrome now has a 25.7 percent share of the global market compared to Mozilla Firefox’s 25.2 percent.
Microsoft’s Internet Explorer remains out in front with a share of 40.6 per cent.
StatCounter chief executive Aodhan Cullen believes that Google Chrome will continue to close the gap.
“We can look forward to a fascinating battle between Microsoft and Google as the pace of growth of Chrome suggests that it will become a real rival to Internet Explorer globally,” the Telegraph quoted Cullen, as saying.
Google Chrome, developed by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine, was first released as a beta version for Microsoft Windows on September 2, 2008, and the public stable release was on December 11, 2008.
The name is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or “chrome”, of web browsers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- WATCH: Chris Gayle hits Saeed Ajmal with three huge back-to-back sixes in PSL