Google Chrome 2nd most liked in browser usage
London: Google Chrome has overtaken Mozilla Firefox to become the second most widely used web browser in the world, according to new statistics.
According to StatCounter, Google Chrome now has a 25.7 percent share of the global market compared to Mozilla Firefox’s 25.2 percent.
Microsoft’s Internet Explorer remains out in front with a share of 40.6 per cent.
StatCounter chief executive Aodhan Cullen believes that Google Chrome will continue to close the gap.
“We can look forward to a fascinating battle between Microsoft and Google as the pace of growth of Chrome suggests that it will become a real rival to Internet Explorer globally,” the Telegraph quoted Cullen, as saying.
Google Chrome, developed by Google that uses the WebKit layout engine, was first released as a beta version for Microsoft Windows on September 2, 2008, and the public stable release was on December 11, 2008.
The name is derived from the graphical user interface frame, or “chrome”, of web browsers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price