Google doodle marks ICC World Twenty20 final between India, Sri Lanka
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google marked the ICC World Twenty20 final between India and Sri Lanka to be played in Mirpur, Sunday, with a colourful doodle on its homepage.
The letters in the word Google have been replaced by six colourful illustrations depicting a bowler in full flow, a cheering crowd, a batsman, scattered stumps, a fielder and a close up of a ball leaving a bowler`s hand.
India, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will look forward to reclaim the trophy almost seven years after winning the inaugural ICC World Cup Twenty20 title in 2007 beating Pakistan.
Sri Lanka, led by Lasith Malinga, on the other hand will seek to end an inexplicable losing streak in title matches, after being beaten twice in World Cup finals in 2007 and 2011 and the World Twenty20 finals in 2009 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read