Google doodle marks ICC World Twenty20 final between India, Sri Lanka
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google marked the ICC World Twenty20 final between India and Sri Lanka to be played in Mirpur, Sunday, with a colourful doodle on its homepage.
The letters in the word Google have been replaced by six colourful illustrations depicting a bowler in full flow, a cheering crowd, a batsman, scattered stumps, a fielder and a close up of a ball leaving a bowler`s hand.
India, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will look forward to reclaim the trophy almost seven years after winning the inaugural ICC World Cup Twenty20 title in 2007 beating Pakistan.
Sri Lanka, led by Lasith Malinga, on the other hand will seek to end an inexplicable losing streak in title matches, after being beaten twice in World Cup finals in 2007 and 2011 and the World Twenty20 finals in 2009 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket