Google doodle marks ICC World Twenty20 final between India, Sri Lanka
Zee Media Bureau/Liji Varghese
New Delhi: Search engine giant Google marked the ICC World Twenty20 final between India and Sri Lanka to be played in Mirpur, Sunday, with a colourful doodle on its homepage.
The letters in the word Google have been replaced by six colourful illustrations depicting a bowler in full flow, a cheering crowd, a batsman, scattered stumps, a fielder and a close up of a ball leaving a bowler`s hand.
India, led by Mahendra Singh Dhoni, will look forward to reclaim the trophy almost seven years after winning the inaugural ICC World Cup Twenty20 title in 2007 beating Pakistan.
Sri Lanka, led by Lasith Malinga, on the other hand will seek to end an inexplicable losing streak in title matches, after being beaten twice in World Cup finals in 2007 and 2011 and the World Twenty20 finals in 2009 and 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today