Google finally splits stock after 2 years of announcement
Washington: Google has finally split its stock officially, nearly two years after it first announced its move.
Under the terms of the split, the company will introduce a new category of Class C stock, which will trade the GOOG ticker.
However, it will not carry any voting power, the Mashable reported.
The company`s shareholders will be entitled to one share of Class C stock for each share of Class A stock they own, while the original Class A shares will trade under a new stock ticker, GOOGL.
Meanwhile, a third class of stock A and Class B," which carries 10 votes per share and is largely held by Google founders Larry Page and Sergey Brin and Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt , will ensure that the three top executives will maintain voting control over the company even as they sell off their shares over time, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read