Google Search: Reunion Video goes viral, reconnects India-Pakistan
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
New Delhi: Social media is abuzz with the Google ad which has touched millions of heart across the country. The advertisement by Google depicts two elderly friends who reunite for the first time after the partition of India and Pakistan.
A three-and-a-half minute ad that has now gone viral has been created by Ogilvy for Google. It shows how Suman the grand-daughter of Baldev, a Partition displaced Punjabi now running a trophy and souvenir shop in Delhi helps him reunite with his childhood friend Yousaf from Lahore with lots of help from Google.
The ad is titled `Google Search: Reunion` and was watched over 3 lakh times in the first 16 hours since it was first posted on the Google India channel. The video has grossed 1,675,135 views on last count, along with innumerable Facebook posts, shares and tweets.
Through this ad, Google India advertises the power of its search functionality and also manages to strike an emotional chord with its viewers not only in India but also in Pakistan. The small video clip depicts the pain of partition which still haunts the mind of people who got separated from their loved ones and places. Packing Emotions and Technology it responds well to the sentiments of people.
In case you have missed this beautiful ad, here is the video link to it. This heart warming ad is sure to overwhelm you.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured