Google Search: Reunion Video goes viral, reconnects India-Pakistan
Zee Media Bureau/Ritu Singh
New Delhi: Social media is abuzz with the Google ad which has touched millions of heart across the country. The advertisement by Google depicts two elderly friends who reunite for the first time after the partition of India and Pakistan.
A three-and-a-half minute ad that has now gone viral has been created by Ogilvy for Google. It shows how Suman the grand-daughter of Baldev, a Partition displaced Punjabi now running a trophy and souvenir shop in Delhi helps him reunite with his childhood friend Yousaf from Lahore with lots of help from Google.
The ad is titled `Google Search: Reunion` and was watched over 3 lakh times in the first 16 hours since it was first posted on the Google India channel. The video has grossed 1,675,135 views on last count, along with innumerable Facebook posts, shares and tweets.
Through this ad, Google India advertises the power of its search functionality and also manages to strike an emotional chord with its viewers not only in India but also in Pakistan. The small video clip depicts the pain of partition which still haunts the mind of people who got separated from their loved ones and places. Packing Emotions and Technology it responds well to the sentiments of people.
In case you have missed this beautiful ad, here is the video link to it. This heart warming ad is sure to overwhelm you.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH