Greenpeace turns heat on Twitter to commit to renewable energy
Washington: Greenpeace recently protested outside Twitter`s headquarters in San Francisco, asking the social network to make its tweets green.
Greenpeace, the watchdog environmental group conducted a research `Clicking green` according to which Twitter got F`s for "energy transparency," "energy efficiency and mitigation," and renewable energy deployment and advocacy,"
Meanwhile it got D for " renewable energy commitment and siting policy."
PT. Gary Cook, senior IT analyst at Greenpeace said that it was a `friendly` protest and was about demanding a commitment from Twitter to use 100 percent clean power, Cnet reported.
Twitter spokesperson Christina Thiry said that the social network welcomes any constructive feedback that is directed towards greater efficiency of operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in