Hackers use Yahoo sites to mine Bitcoins
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Washington: Hackers went on a spree to mine Bitcoins on Yahoo`s service sites last week.
Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer payment system and digital currency. The hackers placed ads on Yahoo sites that when clicked by users, resulted in malware being installed on their computer, according to reports.
The attack lasted from December 31 through January 3 but did not cause any harm to the PCs.
Yahoo Inc acknowledged the attack but said only European sites were affected and the company promptly removed the advertisements.
“Users in North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America were not served these advertisements and were not affected. Additionally, users using Macs and mobile devices were not affected.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown