Hackers use Yahoo sites to mine Bitcoins
Zee Media Bureau\Philaso G Kaping
Washington: Hackers went on a spree to mine Bitcoins on Yahoo`s service sites last week.
Bitcoin is a peer-to-peer payment system and digital currency. The hackers placed ads on Yahoo sites that when clicked by users, resulted in malware being installed on their computer, according to reports.
The attack lasted from December 31 through January 3 but did not cause any harm to the PCs.
Yahoo Inc acknowledged the attack but said only European sites were affected and the company promptly removed the advertisements.
“Users in North America, Asia Pacific and Latin America were not served these advertisements and were not affected. Additionally, users using Macs and mobile devices were not affected.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi