Hacking slows down Microsoft India retail website
New Delhi: Microsoft India`s retail website was down on Monday after an apparent hack, with a purportedly Chinese group called Evil Shadow Team posting doctored screenshots that seemed to be of partially obscured customers` usernames and passwords.
The Microsoft Store India (www.microsoftstore.co.in) website showed an error message promising to restore access as quickly as possible.
The hackers obscured the full usernames and passwords in the screen shots posted on a blog run by Evil Shadow Team member 7z1 (ps.s.blog.163.com). Writing in Mandarin, 7z1 describes himself as a "patriotic hacker".
The Indian edition of Microsoft Store is operated by local company Quasar Media. A spokesman said the company was investigating.
"I am not sure when the site will be up again or what happened," spokesman Rahul Roy said.
A spokesman at Microsoft India said he was unable to immediately comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!