Hacking slows down Microsoft India retail website
New Delhi: Microsoft India`s retail website was down on Monday after an apparent hack, with a purportedly Chinese group called Evil Shadow Team posting doctored screenshots that seemed to be of partially obscured customers` usernames and passwords.
The Microsoft Store India (www.microsoftstore.co.in) website showed an error message promising to restore access as quickly as possible.
The hackers obscured the full usernames and passwords in the screen shots posted on a blog run by Evil Shadow Team member 7z1 (ps.s.blog.163.com). Writing in Mandarin, 7z1 describes himself as a "patriotic hacker".
The Indian edition of Microsoft Store is operated by local company Quasar Media. A spokesman said the company was investigating.
"I am not sure when the site will be up again or what happened," spokesman Rahul Roy said.
A spokesman at Microsoft India said he was unable to immediately comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part IV
- Chennai: Woman Infosys employee stabbed to death at railway station
- Shiv Sena backs Subramanian Swamy, takes a dig at BJP leadership
- Courtney Browne replaces Clive Lloyd as West Indies' chairman of selectors
- Jos Buttler backs England to stay aggressive against Sri Lanka in ongoing ODI series
- Shahid Kapoor-Alia Bhatt's 'Udta Punjab' rakes in moolah, nears Rs 50 crore mark at Box Office
- Shruti Haasan's latest Femina shoot will defy all norms of 'sitting awkwardly' – Pic inside