How Google predicts box office success
Washington: Search engine giant Google in its new study has said that the volume of searches for a movie`s trailers prior to its release has great predictive powers for its box office success.
According to Fox News, Google surveyed 99 of the top grossing movies of last year and found out that search volume of trailer, four weeks prior to the movie`s release can predict the box office success with 94 percent accuracy.
The report said that searches of the movie title two weeks prior to the release can predict success with 92 percent accuracy.
Hollywood distributors rely on advanced metrics and research firms to predict a movie`s opening weekend box office figures, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- NSG collapse Modi Govt's "biggest foreign policy failure'', says JDU
- Premier League: Clubs hope transfers don't take Brexit pounding
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters