How Google predicts box office success
Washington: Search engine giant Google in its new study has said that the volume of searches for a movie`s trailers prior to its release has great predictive powers for its box office success.
According to Fox News, Google surveyed 99 of the top grossing movies of last year and found out that search volume of trailer, four weeks prior to the movie`s release can predict the box office success with 94 percent accuracy.
The report said that searches of the movie title two weeks prior to the release can predict success with 92 percent accuracy.
Hollywood distributors rely on advanced metrics and research firms to predict a movie`s opening weekend box office figures, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley