India to get new Internet address in June
New Delhi: The Directi Group, India`s largest supplier of domain names, has launched a new internet addressing domain `.IN.NET`.
The new privately operated, Indian focused address will offer shorter, more memorable, first choice names which are otherwise hard to find in .com, .net or .in.
So for instance, instead of registering mukeshandsons.in or .com, a certain Mr. Mukesh can now register mukesh.in.net as his website address.
With an internet population of over 100 million, India ranks third in the global internet population chart.
However, in terms of domain names or internet addresses in use, India is estimated at slightly over 3 million names.
This gap is expected to close over the next few years as more businesses, professionals and individuals look to set-up their own website to reach this rapidly growing internet audience.
"Data gathered across all our channels show that over 65% of our customers are not able to get a domain name of their first choice. They are either turning away or settling for a much longer, unattractive name. Our aim is to make name scarcity a non-issue and offer all Indians a short, memorable name at a very affordable price," Bhavin Turakhia, Founder and Group CEO, said.
.IN.NET will launch with a 42 day Landrush and TM Claims service starting 18th June, 2013, where customers can pre-register for generic, premium names and brand names can block their domain names to prevent cybersquatting.
Open registrations on a first-come, first-served basis will start 1st August onwards. The domain will be distributed across all of Directi`s properties and other domain registrars around the world.
Directi is a 300+ million-dollar group of businesses, providing various web products and services to millions of global users. Directi businesses include ResellerClub, LogicBoxes, BigRock, Skenzo and Media.net. We are 800 people strong, spread across 5 offices in 3 countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- WATCH: Usain Bolt attempted javelin throw at Rio 2016 - His effort will shock you!
- Kareena Kapoor Khan opens up on her pregnancy, says she is proud of it!
- PHOTO (Inside): Not for the faint-hearted! Saina Nehwal shares image of her knee's broken bone
- 'Domestic airfares to decline at lower rate in Q2'
- US, Ukraine to conduct observation flights over Russia