Internet trolls derive `sadistic` pleasure by troubling others: Study
Washington: Personalities of the Internet trolls or people who post offensive material about someone on the web and start arguments or upset them, correlate highly with sadism, a new study has revealed.
A new research by Erin Buckels and colleagues at the University of Manitoba has found that trolls` personalities are strongly linked to personality traits that form what some psychologists term as the Dark Tetrad: sadism, narcissism, psychopathy, and Machiavellianism.
According to The Verge, it was found that the more time a person spends commenting on the Internet each day, the more likely it is that the person will demonstrate Dark Tetrad traits.
The researchers explained that both trolls and sadists feel sadistic glee at the distress of others, adding that sadists just want to have fun and the internet is their playground, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH