Katrina top searched person online, Anna second
New Delhi: Leaving behind anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare, Bollywood actress Katrina Kaif has emerged as the most searched person online in the country this year, says a report by search engine giant Google.
The report released by Google on Friday has come up with the topics and persons that Internet users in the country searched the most in 2011.
Katrina Kaif topped the chart in the category of `Top Searched People` online. Hazare came second.
Hazare was at the top position in the category of `Fastest Rising People`, which is the list of people that have gained interest of Internet users. Strip-fame model Poonam Pandey is second in this list.
Among the news items, cricket league IPL tops the chart while the current hot topic in Indian news media `Lokpal Bill` is the fifth most searched subject online.
In sports, Cricket World Cup 2011 emerged as the most searched sporting event, while Sachin Tendulkar was the most searched sports person.
Ironically, competitor Facebook is at the top of `Top Searches` on Google, followed by its own video-sharing service YouTube.
Interestingly, the report noticed that for the first time Internet moved out of the realm of the metros, which was the trend until last year.
"Over 70 per cent of search happened in non-metros and a lot of Internet usage moved to mobile phones," Google India Head of Products Lalitesh Katrgadda said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister