Kids’ still addicted to digital media but total `screen time` decreased: Study
Washington: As kids are getting addicted to smartphones and other digital devices, a new study has revealed that their overall `screen time` has reduced over the last two years.
Common Sense Media conducted the study detailing the way young children consume electronic media, based on a large national survey of children under eight years old and found that in general children 38 percent children under two having used a tablet, smartphone or other mobile device.
However, the popularity of the good-old television has not faded yet with two-thirds of kids under two watching TV and about 58 percent of children watch it at least once a day while by contrast, only 17percent of children use a mobile device daily.
The study revealed that wealthier families have better access to the Internet than their poorer counterparts and hence their kids tend to be driven to hi-end gadgets and traditional TV respectively, yet over half of families earning less than 30,000 dollars now have smartphones and 20percent have tablets.
According to the report, the concept of `zombie children`, who are glued to screens from an early age isn`t quite a reality, as the study revealed that kids are watching much less television overall and the total screen time has dropped 21 minutes over the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery