Kids’ still addicted to digital media but total `screen time` decreased: Study
Washington: As kids are getting addicted to smartphones and other digital devices, a new study has revealed that their overall `screen time` has reduced over the last two years.
Common Sense Media conducted the study detailing the way young children consume electronic media, based on a large national survey of children under eight years old and found that in general children 38 percent children under two having used a tablet, smartphone or other mobile device.
However, the popularity of the good-old television has not faded yet with two-thirds of kids under two watching TV and about 58 percent of children watch it at least once a day while by contrast, only 17percent of children use a mobile device daily.
The study revealed that wealthier families have better access to the Internet than their poorer counterparts and hence their kids tend to be driven to hi-end gadgets and traditional TV respectively, yet over half of families earning less than 30,000 dollars now have smartphones and 20percent have tablets.
According to the report, the concept of `zombie children`, who are glued to screens from an early age isn`t quite a reality, as the study revealed that kids are watching much less television overall and the total screen time has dropped 21 minutes over the last two years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why