KLM flyers can pick seat-mates on Facebook
London: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, has launched a new programme that will allow passengers to pick their "seat-mates" on Facebook.
The airline will start the "meet and seat" service early next year that will link travellers` Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to their check-in information, said Sky News.
The service will allow passengers to check out their fellow travellers and select them based on similar interests, or by how attractive they find them. This will help people "who are sick of being stuck next to crying babies or the passenger from hell".
As soon as the scheme was announced, people turned to Twitter to speak on it.
`Stumac01` tweeted it was the perfect solution to "how to go `Mile High` with the hottest girl on the flight", adding "the power will be in your hands".
But not everyone was convinced, with some describing it as "creepy".
"I cannot think of anything worse than this. Matchmaking via your seat choice in-flight, more like mile-high stalking," `laurastott1` posted on Twitter.
`cklenotic` commented: "That could be a LONG flight if it doesn`t work out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks