KLM flyers can pick seat-mates on Facebook
London: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, has launched a new programme that will allow passengers to pick their "seat-mates" on Facebook.
The airline will start the "meet and seat" service early next year that will link travellers` Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to their check-in information, said Sky News.
The service will allow passengers to check out their fellow travellers and select them based on similar interests, or by how attractive they find them. This will help people "who are sick of being stuck next to crying babies or the passenger from hell".
As soon as the scheme was announced, people turned to Twitter to speak on it.
`Stumac01` tweeted it was the perfect solution to "how to go `Mile High` with the hottest girl on the flight", adding "the power will be in your hands".
But not everyone was convinced, with some describing it as "creepy".
"I cannot think of anything worse than this. Matchmaking via your seat choice in-flight, more like mile-high stalking," `laurastott1` posted on Twitter.
`cklenotic` commented: "That could be a LONG flight if it doesn`t work out."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Gael Monfils to face Ivo Karlovic in Washington Open final
- Olympics 2016: IOC faces historic call on Russia Rio ban
- Kashmir unrest over Burhan Wani's killing: Curfew lifted from these four districts - FULL DETAILS
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more