KLM flyers can pick seat-mates on Facebook
London: KLM Royal Dutch Airlines, the flag carrier of the Netherlands, has launched a new programme that will allow passengers to pick their "seat-mates" on Facebook.
The airline will start the "meet and seat" service early next year that will link travellers` Facebook and LinkedIn profiles to their check-in information, said Sky News.
The service will allow passengers to check out their fellow travellers and select them based on similar interests, or by how attractive they find them. This will help people "who are sick of being stuck next to crying babies or the passenger from hell".
As soon as the scheme was announced, people turned to Twitter to speak on it.
`Stumac01` tweeted it was the perfect solution to "how to go `Mile High` with the hottest girl on the flight", adding "the power will be in your hands".
But not everyone was convinced, with some describing it as "creepy".
"I cannot think of anything worse than this. Matchmaking via your seat choice in-flight, more like mile-high stalking," `laurastott1` posted on Twitter.
`cklenotic` commented: "That could be a LONG flight if it doesn`t work out."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India