Mango Games to launch Facebook games for Indian users
New Delhi: Social game developer Mango Games will launch two online games -- Rummy and Don -- built especially for the Indian Facebook users.
"India is one of the fastest growing markets for Facebook but there are no games that are built specifically for gamers in India. This will be first time Facebook users will get to play game build specifically for Indian market," Mango Games Founder and CEO D Richard De Silva told PTI.
He said these games will be launched on the social network site in July.
Mango Games founder said there are USD 5 billion worth Chinese companies that focus on creating games for China market but the same eco-system is missing in India.
"We see India to be among top 3 market in world for gaming after US and China but the drive to develop games to suit Indian environment is missing," De Silva said.
He cited a report from Inside Social Games which says India will be the second largest geography for Facebook by the end of 2012 with nearly 70 million Facebook users, while Indonesia will be third with more than 60 million Faceboook users.
Facebook had earlier said that as on December 31, 2011, it had 46 million monthly active users in India, an increase of 132 per cent from the prior year.
"The growth potential of India has pulled us to set-up office here. In Don we have used images of Bollywood actors and provided 3D map of Mumbai to give feel of Indian environment," De Silva said.
He said the company has removed gambling feature in the Rummy game to suit Indian players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands