Mango Games to launch Facebook games for Indian users
New Delhi: Social game developer Mango Games will launch two online games -- Rummy and Don -- built especially for the Indian Facebook users.
"India is one of the fastest growing markets for Facebook but there are no games that are built specifically for gamers in India. This will be first time Facebook users will get to play game build specifically for Indian market," Mango Games Founder and CEO D Richard De Silva told PTI.
He said these games will be launched on the social network site in July.
Mango Games founder said there are USD 5 billion worth Chinese companies that focus on creating games for China market but the same eco-system is missing in India.
"We see India to be among top 3 market in world for gaming after US and China but the drive to develop games to suit Indian environment is missing," De Silva said.
He cited a report from Inside Social Games which says India will be the second largest geography for Facebook by the end of 2012 with nearly 70 million Facebook users, while Indonesia will be third with more than 60 million Faceboook users.
Facebook had earlier said that as on December 31, 2011, it had 46 million monthly active users in India, an increase of 132 per cent from the prior year.
"The growth potential of India has pulled us to set-up office here. In Don we have used images of Bollywood actors and provided 3D map of Mumbai to give feel of Indian environment," De Silva said.
He said the company has removed gambling feature in the Rummy game to suit Indian players.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM