New social networking app lets you stay anonymous till feel comfortable with friends
London: A new social networking app for Android and iOS lets users stay anonymous to their friends till the time they are comfortable sharing their pictures and further details.
The app, called Anomo, encourages users to reveal their personal information at a less hectic pace with the help of built-in ice-breaker games and chat messages.
Co-founder and chairman of Anomo, James Sun said that on Facebook, Twitter or Tinder, it is more about image-management now and these are not the places to have real authentic conversations, metro.co.uk reports.
Anomo allows users to hide their identities from others until they are ready to tell them more and instead of giving all the information after signing up for the app, users get to choose an avatar or a mask and reveal personal information through the games and chat messages.
According to the report, the app`s highlight is the ` check in ` feature that lets users to post their location and see what other users are at the same location and then potentially meet them face-to-face without revealing your identity beforehand.
When asked about the possibility of someone using the app to stalk another user or cause them physical harm, Sun said that every conversation on the app is logged to protect users and people have to use their judgment in the chats and where they are and who wants to meet up.
The report said that Anomo has 100,000 users and is available worldwide on Android and Apple devices and users have a limit of 540 characters for their messages.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey