New two-minute machine to replace teabags
London: The humble teabag could be squeezed out of kitchens as scientists are developing a new machine that brews tea in just two minutes, half the time of a traditional teapot.
Cambridge Consultants, who brought the round teabag, believe they can take tea to the next level using pods filled with leaves which are spun at high speed.
The "Te" system brews tea in two minutes, rather than the traditional four that is recommended by tea companies but largely ignored by consumers.
It also allows users to select the strength of their tea, prices of capsules would vary depending on the quality of the tea, and the machines would likely be cheaper than some coffee machines.
A prototype machine which has been developed promises a quicker, better and cleaner brew, which could challenge the dominance of coffee makers such as the Nespresso, Cambridge said in a statement.
"Whilst coffee systems have seen a significant amount of innovation over the last decade nothing has changed in tea brewing, leaving the tea drinker almost forgotten about," Edward Brunner, group leader of the industrial and scientific group at Cambridge Consultants, said.
"We saw a real opportunity to use our experience in the beverage industry to level the playing field and make a step change in this category," Brunner said.
The "Te" machine promises to brew a cuppa in just two minutes, half the time of a traditional teapot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why