New two-minute machine to replace teabags
London: The humble teabag could be squeezed out of kitchens as scientists are developing a new machine that brews tea in just two minutes, half the time of a traditional teapot.
Cambridge Consultants, who brought the round teabag, believe they can take tea to the next level using pods filled with leaves which are spun at high speed.
The "Te" system brews tea in two minutes, rather than the traditional four that is recommended by tea companies but largely ignored by consumers.
It also allows users to select the strength of their tea, prices of capsules would vary depending on the quality of the tea, and the machines would likely be cheaper than some coffee machines.
A prototype machine which has been developed promises a quicker, better and cleaner brew, which could challenge the dominance of coffee makers such as the Nespresso, Cambridge said in a statement.
"Whilst coffee systems have seen a significant amount of innovation over the last decade nothing has changed in tea brewing, leaving the tea drinker almost forgotten about," Edward Brunner, group leader of the industrial and scientific group at Cambridge Consultants, said.
"We saw a real opportunity to use our experience in the beverage industry to level the playing field and make a step change in this category," Brunner said.
The "Te" machine promises to brew a cuppa in just two minutes, half the time of a traditional teapot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Kejriwal, Mamata to attend Mother Teresa's canonization in Rome on Sept 4
- Flood situation worsens in Assam; Uttarakhand experiences intermittent rain
- Katrina Kaif JOKES about her actual thought behind 'Kala Chashma'—READ inside!
- Two women assaulted at Madhya Pradesh railway station for carrying beef
- Memorial for India's 'missile man': Naidu, Parrikar unveil statue of APJ Abdul Kalam in Rameswaram