Ontario police chiefs` website hacked
Toronto: The website of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police has been shut down following an apparent attack by hackers.
A terse message posted on the website says," Under Maintenance."
It was not immediately known who was responsible for the attack.
But activists allied to the loose-knit Anonymous movement had threatened to target federal Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and others over the Harper government`s controversial online surveillance bill.
The chiefs had supported the legislation.
Anonymous, a collection of activists and Internet mischief-makers, has increasingly focused its energy on military, police and security companies in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- When brave CRPF men put themselves between terrorists' bullets and colleagues in Pampore attack
- Egypt deports popular Lebanese political talk show host
- EgyptAir black box flight recorder has been repaired: Commission
- Osborne rules himself out of race to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- 'Subramanian Swamy will dent Modi's image, spook foreign investors'