Ontario police chiefs` website hacked
Toronto: The website of the Ontario Association of Chiefs of Police has been shut down following an apparent attack by hackers.
A terse message posted on the website says," Under Maintenance."
It was not immediately known who was responsible for the attack.
But activists allied to the loose-knit Anonymous movement had threatened to target federal Public Safety Minister Vic Toews and others over the Harper government`s controversial online surveillance bill.
The chiefs had supported the legislation.
Anonymous, a collection of activists and Internet mischief-makers, has increasingly focused its energy on military, police and security companies in recent months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach