Over 50 mn accounts affected following hacking of LivingSocial
Washington: Online flash sales company the LivingSocial has been hacked.
More than 50 million accounts have been affected and the Washington-based company has asked its members to reset their passwords.
According to ZDNET, LivingSocial`s spokesperson confirmed the security breach.
In an email to its employees, CEO, Tim O`Shaughnessy, informed about the unauthorized access to some customer data from their servers.
The data included, names, email addresses, date of birth of some users, and encrypted passwords, the report added.
However, there have been no thefts of credit card information. They are redoubling efforts to avert such issues in future, Tim said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living