Over 50 mn accounts affected following hacking of LivingSocial
Washington: Online flash sales company the LivingSocial has been hacked.
More than 50 million accounts have been affected and the Washington-based company has asked its members to reset their passwords.
According to ZDNET, LivingSocial`s spokesperson confirmed the security breach.
In an email to its employees, CEO, Tim O`Shaughnessy, informed about the unauthorized access to some customer data from their servers.
The data included, names, email addresses, date of birth of some users, and encrypted passwords, the report added.
However, there have been no thefts of credit card information. They are redoubling efforts to avert such issues in future, Tim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site