Overuse of social media, mobiles, TV breaking up families
Jalandhar: Excessive use of social media, mobile phones and cable TV was responsible for families breaking up, a Punjab government official today said.
"The real reason for families breaking up is overuse of social media, mobile phones and cable tv and blindly following the trends seen in these," Chief Parliamentary Secretary K D Bhandari said here.
He was speaking at a function organised here to mark the 84th death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai.
Bhandari said, "Due to facebook, mobile and tv, we are forgetting our basic values and culture. This impacts family life, which leads to families breaking up."
He urged the youth to stay away from drugs and treasure values and the culture, while ensuring that their families stay together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31