Overuse of social media, mobiles, TV breaking up families
Jalandhar: Excessive use of social media, mobile phones and cable TV was responsible for families breaking up, a Punjab government official today said.
"The real reason for families breaking up is overuse of social media, mobile phones and cable tv and blindly following the trends seen in these," Chief Parliamentary Secretary K D Bhandari said here.
He was speaking at a function organised here to mark the 84th death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai.
Bhandari said, "Due to facebook, mobile and tv, we are forgetting our basic values and culture. This impacts family life, which leads to families breaking up."
He urged the youth to stay away from drugs and treasure values and the culture, while ensuring that their families stay together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video