Overuse of social media, mobiles, TV breaking up families
Jalandhar: Excessive use of social media, mobile phones and cable TV was responsible for families breaking up, a Punjab government official today said.
"The real reason for families breaking up is overuse of social media, mobile phones and cable tv and blindly following the trends seen in these," Chief Parliamentary Secretary K D Bhandari said here.
He was speaking at a function organised here to mark the 84th death anniversary of Lala Lajpat Rai.
Bhandari said, "Due to facebook, mobile and tv, we are forgetting our basic values and culture. This impacts family life, which leads to families breaking up."
He urged the youth to stay away from drugs and treasure values and the culture, while ensuring that their families stay together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred