`Passthoughts` may soon replace passwords
Washington: Researchers have now created a new device that would replace passwords with `passthoughts` for computer authentication, a report has said.
Researchers at the UC Berkeley School of Information, have formed a 100-dollars headset that wirelessly connects to a computer via Bluetooth.
The device`s sensor rests against the user`s forehead, providing a electroencephalogram (EEG) signal from the brain.
Researchers say the NeuroSky Mindset looks just like any other Bluetooth set and is more user-friendly.
Brainwaves are also unique to each individual, so even if someone knew your passthought, their emitted EEG signals would be different, researchers explained.
The idea of mind-reading is pretty convenient, but if the devices aren`t accessible people will refuse to use it no matter how accurate the system, researchers added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP
- DNA: Analysis of deaths at unmanned railway crossing in UP- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- VIDEO: Sushil calls Narsingh's doping row 'unfortunate', wants fellow wrestlers to win medals at Rio
- Pained by death of his buddy 'Tiger', 26/11 canine hero Caesar goes into depression
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue