`Passthoughts` may soon replace passwords
Washington: Researchers have now created a new device that would replace passwords with `passthoughts` for computer authentication, a report has said.
Researchers at the UC Berkeley School of Information, have formed a 100-dollars headset that wirelessly connects to a computer via Bluetooth.
The device`s sensor rests against the user`s forehead, providing a electroencephalogram (EEG) signal from the brain.
Researchers say the NeuroSky Mindset looks just like any other Bluetooth set and is more user-friendly.
Brainwaves are also unique to each individual, so even if someone knew your passthought, their emitted EEG signals would be different, researchers explained.
The idea of mind-reading is pretty convenient, but if the devices aren`t accessible people will refuse to use it no matter how accurate the system, researchers added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news! Shahid Kapoor and wifey Mira Rajput blessed with a baby girl
- Obama establishes world`s largest marine reserve in Hawaii
- Canadian twins plead guilty to terrorism, face jail time
- Apple issues update after cyber weapon captured
- Pakistani man who made deer skin sandals for Shah Rukh Khan arrested