`Passthoughts` may soon replace passwords
Washington: Researchers have now created a new device that would replace passwords with `passthoughts` for computer authentication, a report has said.
Researchers at the UC Berkeley School of Information, have formed a 100-dollars headset that wirelessly connects to a computer via Bluetooth.
The device`s sensor rests against the user`s forehead, providing a electroencephalogram (EEG) signal from the brain.
Researchers say the NeuroSky Mindset looks just like any other Bluetooth set and is more user-friendly.
Brainwaves are also unique to each individual, so even if someone knew your passthought, their emitted EEG signals would be different, researchers explained.
The idea of mind-reading is pretty convenient, but if the devices aren`t accessible people will refuse to use it no matter how accurate the system, researchers added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations