`Passthoughts` may soon replace passwords
Washington: Researchers have now created a new device that would replace passwords with `passthoughts` for computer authentication, a report has said.
Researchers at the UC Berkeley School of Information, have formed a 100-dollars headset that wirelessly connects to a computer via Bluetooth.
The device`s sensor rests against the user`s forehead, providing a electroencephalogram (EEG) signal from the brain.
Researchers say the NeuroSky Mindset looks just like any other Bluetooth set and is more user-friendly.
Brainwaves are also unique to each individual, so even if someone knew your passthought, their emitted EEG signals would be different, researchers explained.
The idea of mind-reading is pretty convenient, but if the devices aren`t accessible people will refuse to use it no matter how accurate the system, researchers added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, released later
- DNA: Ground reporting of the deteriorating sanctity of Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...