Spending hours tweeting is unhealthy: Biz Stone
Washington: Don`t spend hours tweeting, it`s "unhealthy" -- that`s the message from Twitter`s boss.
Biz Stone, co-founder and creative director of Twitter, has told the popular micro blogging site`s 500 million users that spending hours tweeting is not healthy.
He says he`d prefer that people visit the popular social networking site frequently than sacrifice their life to it.
Instead fans should use the site to find what they want -- and they go and do something else, `The Daily Telegraph` online quoted Stone as telling a conference in Montreal.
Users have complained that the 140-character messaging site is addictive, with some staying logged on for up to 12 hours at a time.
Stone, 37, said using Twitter that much was not what he intended. "To me, that sounds unhealthy," he said.
He added: "I like the kind of engagement where you go to the website and you leave because you`ve found what you are looking for or you found something very interesting and you learned something.
"I think that`s a much healthier engagement. Obviously, we want you to come frequently."
Stone said when Twitter first launched many thought it would fail because they did not think it useful. "Nobody thought it was a good idea," he said.
"And I distinctly remember my colleague Evan Williams saying, `Well, neither is ice cream. Should we ban ice cream and all joy or can we have something that`s just fun? What`s wrong with that?`"
However, Stone said there were no plans to increase Twitter`s 140 character limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview