Spending hours tweeting is unhealthy: Biz Stone
Washington: Don`t spend hours tweeting, it`s "unhealthy" -- that`s the message from Twitter`s boss.
Biz Stone, co-founder and creative director of Twitter, has told the popular micro blogging site`s 500 million users that spending hours tweeting is not healthy.
He says he`d prefer that people visit the popular social networking site frequently than sacrifice their life to it.
Instead fans should use the site to find what they want -- and they go and do something else, `The Daily Telegraph` online quoted Stone as telling a conference in Montreal.
Users have complained that the 140-character messaging site is addictive, with some staying logged on for up to 12 hours at a time.
Stone, 37, said using Twitter that much was not what he intended. "To me, that sounds unhealthy," he said.
He added: "I like the kind of engagement where you go to the website and you leave because you`ve found what you are looking for or you found something very interesting and you learned something.
"I think that`s a much healthier engagement. Obviously, we want you to come frequently."
Stone said when Twitter first launched many thought it would fail because they did not think it useful. "Nobody thought it was a good idea," he said.
"And I distinctly remember my colleague Evan Williams saying, `Well, neither is ice cream. Should we ban ice cream and all joy or can we have something that`s just fun? What`s wrong with that?`"
However, Stone said there were no plans to increase Twitter`s 140 character limit.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...