Steve Jobs starred as FDR in ‘1944’ Apple marketing video
Washington: Steve Jobs, who was known as a great innovator, a perfectionist and a savvy businessman, was also an actor.
In 1984, Jobs, who was then CEO of Apple for the first time, played the part of Franklin Delano Roosevelt in a short film.
The film, which has just been released for the first time, was made for motivational purposes, to be viewed at internal Apple meetings only.
Titled ‘1944,’ it was shot entirely in black and white and depicts Apple and IBM as enemies in World War II.
In a clip in the middle of the video, Jobs appears behind a desk (presumably at the White House) calling a general on phone.
“Your battle will be long, your battle will be hard, but it will be won. I am sure your victory will be great. Insanely great,” Jobs advises the head of the Macintosh camp on the telephone.
According to Network World, Apple spent 50,000 dollars to make the video.
Craig Elliot, a former Apple employee has shared the hitherto unknown video as he wanted to show another side of Jobs following Walter Issacson’s autobiography and Jobs’ passing.
Elliot, the current CEO of Pertino Networks, worked in sales at Apple from 1985 to 1996
“There was another side of Steve. He wasn’t just the harsh taskmaster that always seems to pop up,” ABC News quoted Elliot as saying.
Elliot was given a Porsche 944 by Jobs himself for being one of the “top sales guys at Apple.”
Since the video has posted online, others that were involved in the filming of “1944” have come forth to share stories from the shoot.
Michael Markman, the creative director at Image Steam, the company that produced the film, has detailed his experience on his blog. He also shared the strategy behind the film.
“I can remember him [Steve Jobs] saying something along the lines of ‘When we started we were all sitting in one room… I need to find ways to keep the entire employee base motivated’,” he said.
Markman also described how Jobs’ loved the idea of playing FDR and didn’t want anyone else to do it.
“He got into the role and enjoyed it,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence
- Home Minister Rajnath Singh addresses Parliament over Kashmir violence – Part II
- I am a Goddess for the weaker section which is making people angry: Mayawati
- Sacked BJP leader Dayashankar to be arrested soon for controversial remark on Mayawati
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- WATCH: Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif, ex-president Pervez Musharraf flirted with this girl?
- What's cooking? Farah Khan's 'do anmol ratan' Ranveer Singh, Anil Kapoor spill madness at shoot
- EXCLUSIVE: This is what Kashmiri children think about India – Must watch video
- US-backed forces give IS '48 hours' to leave Syria's Manbij
- RBI to cut rates by 0.25% on Aug 9 if rains damp pulse price