Travel, tourism, airlines top searched Facebook pages in Australia
Sydney: Australians spend a lot of time searching for pages like travel, tourism and airlines fantasizing about holidays on Facebook.
Tourism Australia`s Facebook page, titled `Australia`, is the most popular in the country, and had more than four million fans.
Visit Queensland was the next most popular travel or tourism page, followed by Dreamworld theme park on the Gold Coast, Sydney and Qantas.
According to news.com.au, with nearly nine million fans combined, airlines, travel and tourism pages were the top industry on Facebook.
The conclusions were drawn according to the June 2013 Australian Facebook Performance Report by digital intelligence agency Online Circle Digital.
The Sydney Opera House, Contiki Holidays, Virgin Australia, Jetstar and the Gold Coast rounded out the top ten.
According to the report, the top post on the Australia page was a photo of a sleepy wombat taken at Hodge Podge Lodge Wombat Shelter in Victoria, which got more than 65,000 `likes` and was shared by nearly 12,000 people.
Around a third of fans of the Australia page are Australian with the US the second biggest market followed by the UK, Indonesia and India, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE