Vine launches online streaming for TV-like desktop viewing
Washington: Twitter-owned video app Vine is reportedly set to launch web streaming via desktops for the first time and allowing users to watch, share, like, comment and revine videos.
Vine has also introduced a Web-only feature called `TV Mode` that transforms a user`s stream into a full-screen video of Vine videos that play in sequence and is available on any member`s profile.
According to a website, Vine began as an iPhone-only app for shooting and sharing 6-second movies pieced together through bite-size clips, but since last January it has become a creative medium for YouTube stars, wanna-be comedians, and actual celebrities.
Vine engineer Janessa Det said that the extension of the loopy 6-second video service to the Web is just a first step towards bringing a richer, more enjoyable web experience to users.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai