Yahoo integrates story summarizing Summly into iPhone
Sydney: Yahoo has released an iPhone app that weaves in story summarising software, which the Internet giant purchased a British schoolboy for 30 million dollars.
The Yahoo app was made available in the United States for use on iPhones and iPod.
According to News.com.au, the new app uses natural-language algorithms and machine learning from freshly-acquired Summly "to deliver quick story summaries".
Yahoo announced in March that it bought the Summly app created by 17-year-old Nick D`Aloisio of Britain, but did not disclose the purchase price.
The app, which cut downs long web articles to tweet-length summaries, received positive reviews from tech blogs; racked up tens of thousands of downloads, and caught the attention of investors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad