Zuckerberg focuses on comprehensive immigration push
Washington: Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg is joining with other executives to form an issues advocacy organization, with an initial focus on comprehensive immigration reform, according to sources familiar with the discussions.
The group has set a time when the tech industry will be stepping up its immigration efforts, with executives advocating key provisions to help in the battle for global talent.
According to Politico, but those executives also said that they support reforms to create a path to citizenship for undocumented people for the good of the nation and economy.
The sources said Zuckerberg and other tech executives have enlisted the help of Democratic and Republican strategists to create the group that would advocate long-term economic issues.
News of the group was first reported by the San Francisco Chronicle, which said Zuckerberg has committed millions to the effort. A source told POLITICO that the group is likely going to be a nonprofit.
Other than Zuckerberg, a central person involved in the discussions is Joe Green, co-founder of NationBuilder and Causes, who was Zuckerberg`s roommate at Harvard University.
According to sources, planning for the group began about a month ago. The executives are working with a bipartisan group of consultants, including Joe Lockhart of the Glover Park Group; Jon Lerner, a Republican strategist; and Rob Jesmer, a Republican strategist and former executive director of the National Republican Senatorial Committee, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen