Abducted official released
Tezpur: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm, suspected to be abducted by Bodo Royal
Tiger Force (BRTF) on March 4, was rescued from Rowmari area
in Assam`s Sonitpur district on Wednesday.
Ganpat Kumar was found sitting on a roadside culvert
on NH 52 this morning by Assam Rifles personnel during a
massive search operation at Belsiri, Bahumaru and Dhekiajuli
by police and defense personnel, official sources said.
The official was taken for a health check up.
Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon Infrastructure went
missing from near Kaziranga National Park when he was
returning to his official residence at Jorhat.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
Afcon Infrastructure is executing a major contract for
laying cross country pipeline for ONGC in Assam and have set
up offices in various places of the state including Cachar,
Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past couple of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged