Abducted official released
Tezpur: A senior official of a
Chennai-based firm, suspected to be abducted by Bodo Royal
Tiger Force (BRTF) on March 4, was rescued from Rowmari area
in Assam`s Sonitpur district on Wednesday.
Ganpat Kumar was found sitting on a roadside culvert
on NH 52 this morning by Assam Rifles personnel during a
massive search operation at Belsiri, Bahumaru and Dhekiajuli
by police and defense personnel, official sources said.
The official was taken for a health check up.
Kumar, a project engineer of Afcon Infrastructure went
missing from near Kaziranga National Park when he was
returning to his official residence at Jorhat.
His wife had lodged an FIR at Jorhat sadar police
Afcon Infrastructure is executing a major contract for
laying cross country pipeline for ONGC in Assam and have set
up offices in various places of the state including Cachar,
Jorhat, Golaghat and Sivasagar districts in the past couple of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal