AICC leaders in Meghalaya
Shillong: Buoyed by the success of the party in Assam and Manipur assembly elections, AICC leaders on Friday met state party leaders in Meghalaya to outline strategy for the 2013 polls in the state.
CWC member in-charge of Meghalaya, Dhaniram Shandil
said the Congress-led coalition government proposed to bring
out a booklet by April last week highlighting its achievements
while a number of programs would be launched.
"We feel the state government is doing a very good
job. We see many other development missions undertaken by the
state government apart from central flagship programmes which
are being executed well, AICC leader Sanjay Bapna said.
With the opposition NCP having released its first and
second list of candidates for the 2013 poll, the AICC leaders
said the high command would release the party list between
September and December.
The AICC leaders said that preparation for the
elections have been started on a war-footing to activate party
workers right from the block level.
The AICC officials arrived here last evening and met
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee president Friday Lyngdoh,
who is unwell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter