AICC leaders in Meghalaya
Shillong: Buoyed by the success of the party in Assam and Manipur assembly elections, AICC leaders on Friday met state party leaders in Meghalaya to outline strategy for the 2013 polls in the state.
CWC member in-charge of Meghalaya, Dhaniram Shandil
said the Congress-led coalition government proposed to bring
out a booklet by April last week highlighting its achievements
while a number of programs would be launched.
"We feel the state government is doing a very good
job. We see many other development missions undertaken by the
state government apart from central flagship programmes which
are being executed well, AICC leader Sanjay Bapna said.
With the opposition NCP having released its first and
second list of candidates for the 2013 poll, the AICC leaders
said the high command would release the party list between
September and December.
The AICC leaders said that preparation for the
elections have been started on a war-footing to activate party
workers right from the block level.
The AICC officials arrived here last evening and met
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee president Friday Lyngdoh,
who is unwell.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler