AICC leaders in Meghalaya
Shillong: Buoyed by the success of the party in Assam and Manipur assembly elections, AICC leaders on Friday met state party leaders in Meghalaya to outline strategy for the 2013 polls in the state.
CWC member in-charge of Meghalaya, Dhaniram Shandil
said the Congress-led coalition government proposed to bring
out a booklet by April last week highlighting its achievements
while a number of programs would be launched.
"We feel the state government is doing a very good
job. We see many other development missions undertaken by the
state government apart from central flagship programmes which
are being executed well, AICC leader Sanjay Bapna said.
With the opposition NCP having released its first and
second list of candidates for the 2013 poll, the AICC leaders
said the high command would release the party list between
September and December.
The AICC leaders said that preparation for the
elections have been started on a war-footing to activate party
workers right from the block level.
The AICC officials arrived here last evening and met
Meghalaya Pradesh Congress Committee president Friday Lyngdoh,
who is unwell.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'