Arunachal launches DOTS plus for TB patients
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh has taken a lead in the entire North-East with the launching of
first-of-its-kind DOTS (Directly Observed Treatment) plus services, meant for the treatment of Multi Drugs Resistance (MDR) TB patients, officials said.
The service was launched at DOTS Plus Site at Arunachal State Hospital, Naharlagun yesterday.
The programme was inaugurated by Dr K Nishing, director of Health Services, who administered the medicine to two MDR patients, who were admitted in the newly-constructed DOTS Plus ward of the hospital.
This service will be introduced in Assam, Manipur and Sikkim later on, sources said.
With this the MDR (TB) patients will be benefited with free DOTS Plus medicine for 24-27 months along with free pre-treatment investigation.
Following the launching of the services in the state, all the MDR (TB) patients after confirmation by the DTOs can be referred to this centre for initiation of treatment.
Further, for sputum culture and drug sensitivity testing for TB diseases, the Intermediate Reference Laboratory (IRL) is also coming up at state TB & Demonstration Centre,
Naharlagun for the convenience of TB patients, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September